The Universities of Bari, Salento and Foggia - Apulian members of the CLAVIER group (Corpus and LAnguage Variation in English Research) - are pleased to announce the forthcoming CLAVIER international conference, to be held in Bari, 30 November – 2 December 2017.
Please find below the most important details and attached the call for abstracts.
Call for papers
CLAVIER 17 – INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE REPRESENTING AND REDEFINING SPECIALISED KNOWLEDGE
30 November – 2 December 2017
Piazza Cesare Battisti, 1 - Bari
This conference focusses on specialised knowledge, intended as the ways in which specialised discourse is construed, shaped, represented, transmitted, disseminated, accepted and analysed, as well as the ways in which specialised knowledge and discourse influence our everyday lives. Analytical approaches based on synchronic, diachronic and/or contrastive, interlinguistic and intercultural perspectives (including: translation;
transcreation; simplification) are all equally welcome.
Papers are welcome on the above topics with reference to English and/or other natural languages.
Dates to remember:
- 31 May 2017: Deadline for abstract submission
- 15 June 2017: Notification of outcome of submission
- 15 June – 30 July 2017: Early bird registration
- 31 July – 29 November 2017: standard registration
- 30 November – 2 December 2017: Conference
- 28 February 2018: Deadline for manuscript submission
- End of March: Notification of outcome of submission
- Summer 2018: Publication of volume of selected papers
Follow us on our Facebook page: Clavier 2017 - Bari.